BigCommerce Expands Crypto Ecosystem with BitPay and CoinPayments, Further Driving Merchant Growth and Innovation
New strategic partnerships uplevel merchants’ competitive advantage to offer crypto payment methods, reach broader markets and attract new customers worldwide
“Expanding our crypto ecosystem to include trusted best-of-breed partners is just one step towards driving innovation and growth for our merchants,” said
BigCommerce’s open, flexible approach to ecommerce means merchants can choose which cryptocurrency payment solutions work best in their BigCommerce store. With single-click integration, merchants can begin offering cryptocurrency as another payment method for shoppers looking to spend their cryptocurrency.
“Accepting cryptocurrency can be intimidating and complex with, at times, a learning curve. We’ve teamed with
With over 115,000 merchants across 190 countries around the world, CoinPayments is a crypto payment gateway giving merchants the ability to accept real-time global payments from over 100 cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin with a low processing fee of 0.5%.
“Amidst an increase in demand worldwide for alternative payment solutions, our partnership with
BigCommerce’s crypto ecosystem strives to provide industry-leading crypto technologies to its tens of thousands of global B2C and B2B BigCommerce merchants to keep them viable and sustainable as currencies around the world evolve. Key benefits of this partnership include:
- Reach Broader Markets. By offering cryptocurrency as a payment method, merchants can open their brands to an entirely new global market to develop trust and loyalty with forward-thinking consumers across a range of retail categories.
- Lower Transactions Fees. With crypto transactions, fees are often much lower than traditional financing, reducing transaction costs for merchants and putting the savings back into the business.
- Reduce Risk. Blockchain technology is built with security first, lessening issues related to fraudulent buyer activity. With merchants having full control of all funds held in their store wallets, they are protected from reverse chargebacks once those funds are received.
- More Payment Options. By expanding payment options to choose from, merchants are able to streamline the purchase path to enhance the shopper experience.
- Innovation. By accepting cryptocurrencies, merchants gain a competitive edge by moving with technological advances in ecommerce and changing consumer demands.
BigCommerce’s growing crypto ecosystem is currently composed of tech partners
To learn more about BigCommerce’s cryptocurrency solutions in your regions: US merchants click here, EMEA merchants read more here and APAC merchants visit here.
BigCommerce® is a registered trademark of
View source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220915005042/en/